Fee Protection for HMRC Tax investigation
HMRC is under orders to increase the tax take and, to help it to do so, new powers have been introduced allowing HMRC to:
- Make unannounced inspections
- Check business records before a tax return is filed
- Demand records without issuing a formal notice
- Ask third parties to check the accuracy of information
- Investigate direct taxes, VAT and employer compliance, since inspectors have now all been cross-trained
In our opinion, this will lead to more and more investigations by HMRC. Of course we will continue to assist our clients in doing everything we can to reduce chances of being investigated. But even the most vigilant accounting and tax advice cannot ensure HMRC will not choose you for investigation.
The costs of investigation can be high, and charges will undoubtedly arise even if the conclusion is that no tax is due.
Fee Protection is a service we’ve set up to protect you against the costs of dealing with HMRC investigations – it has been designed specifically to deal with HMRC’s new powers.
Involving ktsowensthomas from the outset of any investigation will ensure you are appropriately supported to fight your corner. Whilst ktsowensthomas works to reduce your exposure to paying extra tax or penalties, you will have peace of mind in knowing that Fee Protection will cover the expense. In fact, our Fee Protection service protects you to a maximum fee level of £75,000; up to that level you would have no fee exposure.
Fee Protection covers all costs in the event of:
- HMRC Full and Aspect Enquiries
- HMRC VAT Reviews and Inspections
- HMRC Employer Compliance Reviews
- Cross Tax Enquiries
- IR35 Reviews
- HMRC Intervention relating to Self Assessment, Employer Compliance and VAT
- VAT & Employer Compliance Disputes
- Construction Industry Scheme Reviews
- Record Reviews
- Light Touch Interventions
- HMRC Non Written Approaches
- Includes the personal returns of directors and partners of a business
- Reasonable costs for us to review potential risks identified by HMRC from the start of an enquiry
No ‘reasonable care’ clauses – please ask to see a copy of the Fee Protection agreement setting out full details of all terms, conditions and limitations. Available on request.
Free Business Support helpline – an added benefit of our Fee Protection service is free access to a Business Support Helpline run by advice line consultants from Croner, one of the country’s leading providers of business advice. With employment and health and safety legislation increasing all the time, it’s vital that you have access to the right support and guidance to keep your business on the right side of the law. When you need a guiding hand or a second opinion, the Business Support Helpline gives you access to telephone advice from a team of experts.
Areas of advice include:
Employment and personnel, such as:
- disciplining an employee
- gross misconduct
Health & Safety, such as:
- hazardous substances
- reporting an accident
Commercial legal issues, such as:
- landlord and tenancy
- company law
- copyright and patent
To find out more about Fee Protection and how you can take advantage of this service call Michelle Mayor on 029 829 000 or email: email@example.com.